Thursday, January 31, 2013

Windows 8 Graphics Driver 1440*900 Resolution problem solved!

The people working in Microsoft might have a aim like this. Though I'm not sure, maybe :)
"Sell a product; If it get famous make money with that; On next year forget that, go for next one".
Once Windows 7 loved by all because of it's Aero Glass and it's transparency effect, Microsoft ripped that feature in Windows 8 to make everybody focus on their new Metro UI apps. In my first glance on both I loved glass, and don't like Metro apps.

As same above, a lot of features removed from Windows 7, including display driver for the particular resolution 1440*900.  I got annoying screen resolution when I installed that in my desktop PC.



You might remember our driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8 worked charm for the phone modem. So I got cheer up myself and think about modding the Windows 7 drivers to make it work for Windows 8.  At last .... That's what you see in this video.

Unlike Modem driver it took me a lot of time and effort to study the code. If I remember correct I have to re-install OS twice due to the driver mistakes I made. However I won't give you that trouble. Instead I present you the final working product :)

Technical details:
The driver comes as cab file. For those who want less trouble I made it as a cab file this time. so if you have any driver software, import this file on that tool, it will do the job.

If you don't have such tool then you are my case. Just extract the file using WinRAR and follow the instructions from the above video. You done :)

Download: Windows 8 Graphics Display Driver for 1440*900

Hope you like it. Download and enjoy. If you have any problems, let me know in comment box 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...